[Pythonmac-SIG] Both pythons living in harmony?

kevin parks kevin@macosx.com
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 03:19:55 +0900

Hi. I have a remedial question. I have been living and working with the
python that comes built in with Jaguar, with the addition of bbbbbbum's
readlines, but i am a bit anxious to try Jack's Python
fork/built/flavor/whatever. However i am afraid installing this will
somehow clobber my preexisting jaguar python. Will the "Jack Python"
play nice with my "Apple python" or will it fondle my system create
more havoc than my life needs now. I wanna try the pretty IDE (even if
it still doesn't have any syntax coloring). But i don't want to ruin my
ability to hack Python in BBedit and execute scripts in the terminal,
which i am happily doing now. I finally got my path and cr*p all set.

2. do i gots to build it meself or is there a package I can just double
click on?

If it is a hassle maybe i ought to just keep on keeping on with the
Apple supplied no frills build...

Perhaps i am being to careful....

cheers,
kevin (dreams of a single integrated unix/mac python w/IDE... w/syntax
coloring)