[Pythonmac-SIG] Both pythons living in harmony?

Francois Granger francois.granger@free.fr
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:14:21 +0100

At 03:19 +0900 13/03/2003, in message [Pythonmac-SIG] Both pythons
living in harmony?, kevin parks wrote:
>Hi. I have a remedial question. I have been living and working with
>the python that comes built in with Jaguar, with the addition of
>bbbbbbum's readlines, but i am a bit anxious to try Jack's Python
>fork/built/flavor/whatever. However i am afraid installing this will
>somehow clobber my preexisting jaguar python. Will the "Jack Python"
>play nice with my "Apple python" or will it fondle my system create
>more havoc than my life needs now. I wanna try the pretty IDE (even
>if it still doesn't have any syntax coloring). But i don't want to
>ruin my ability to hack Python in BBedit and execute scripts in the
>terminal, which i am happily doing now. I finally got my path and
>cr*p all set.
>
>2. do i gots to build it meself or is there a package I can just
>double click on?

I have three Python almost happily living on my Mac:
- Old Mac Python, Apple Python and new MacOSX Python.

I got the latest from:

bottom of the page.

--
Hofstadter's Law :
It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into