[Pythonmac-SIG] 4Suite install - linker issues

Joel Bender jjb5@cornell.edu
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 09:42:24 -0500

Hi,

I'm working with someone at Fourthought to get the current version of
4Suite XML tools to install.  Truth be told, he's doing most of the
work since I'm clueless.

The current problem is to resolve symbol conflicts in PyXML's pyexpat and
4Suite's cDomlette.  The patch that he sent me uses an ld flag called
-exported_symbols_list, but my version of ld doesn't have it.  He
wrote:

>   Unfortunately, it looks like this is a feature added Oct 28, 2002
>   (per the online man page I found) whereas the page you sent me is
>   dated May 30, 2002.  So much for the simple fix :(

This leads me to believe that my version of the developer tools is
obsolete, so I've been poking around in the Developer CD's trying to
find something to help.  I was expecting the Dev.DVD Oct 2002 to have
something, but I can't find it.

So my question is, how do I find out what version of 'ld' I have, and
where should I get the latest version?  Download it from Apple?

Joel