[Pythonmac-SIG] A multitude of questions

Peter de Tagyos pdetagyos@firstam.com
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 08:44:39 -0800

Ok, please bear with me - this is the first time that I am working with
MacPython.  Up to this point, I have worked only with MachoPython.  Here are
the questions:

1. PyXML does not seem to install correctly.  I downloaded the 0.8.1 package
from SourceForge and did 'python setup.py build' and 'python setup.py
install', which appears to install the package in the appropriate directory.
However, when I do a:

from xml.dom.ext.reader.Sax2 import *

I get a 'no module named ext.reader.Sax2' error.  This very same
installation process worked perfectly for MachoPython, so I'm not sure if I
need to do something else to make it work in MacPython.  I also tried to use
Package Manager to install PyXML, which leads me to...

2. Package Manager gets an error when attempting to connect to the database.
The location it is trying to open is:
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack/pimp/pimp-darwin-6.4-Power_Macintosh.plist
Is the database temporarily unavailable?
Is the PyXML package even available via Package Manager?

Other details -
I installed the latest version of MacPython (2.3a2) and the associated
version of wxPythonOSX (both binaries were downloaded from wxPython.org).

I'm running OSX 10.2.4

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!  Thanks for your time.

Peter