[Pythonmac-SIG] Creating resource files

Donovan Preston dsposx@mac.com
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 14:52:48 -0800

On Wednesday, March 19, 2003, at 02:44 PM, Jack Jansen wrote:

> On woensdag, maa 19, 2003, at 11:55 Europe/Amsterdam, Michael Hudson
> wrote:
>>> Everything up to here can be done as
>>>                   newSpec = File.FSSpec(path)
>>
>> That would be nice, if true:
>>
>> ->> File.FSSpec("/not-there")
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "<input>", line 2, in ?
>> Error: (-43, 'File not found')
>
> You're right. I fixed it for EasyDialogs.AskFileForSave. I'll try
> putting a similar
> method in Carbon.File.FSSpec (although that means coding it in C:-( ).
> I've
> filed a bug report, 706592.

Ah, yes. The inability to create an FSSpec for a file that's not there
was really irritating me. I'm glad to hear it's considered a bug.

On a side note, does anyone know if a FSSpec created with a
slash-delimited path as above would work if you passed it to an
application which normally thinks about colon-delimited paths (eg, a
Carbon app)?

Donovan