[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: 2.3b1 installer suggestions

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Thu, 1 May 2003 23:47:55 +0200

On donderdag, mei 1, 2003, at 22:21 Europe/Amsterdam, Bugbee, Larry
wrote:

> Some interesting choices.  ...but whichever, I'm concerned for the
> Novice.  (I have some high and jr-high school students in mind.)  If
> we 'muck' with the path, we should be crystal clear about what we did.
>  If we don't, we should be crystal clear about what the user should do
> to get the desired effect.

Agreed. On seconds thoughts, I think I really don't want to muck with
environment
variables. I think I'll just print a (suppressible) warning if "our"
python isn't
the first one on the path. The Help Book for MacPython has instructions
on how to
put it there already, so I'll just point to that.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -