[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: 2.3b1 installer suggestions

K. Arun karbak@cmu.edu
Thu, 1 May 2003 18:42:36 -0400 (EDT)

  >> /usr/bin/python?  That too could be a Good Thing.

  Chris> well, This is how it "should" be:

  Chris> /usr/bin/python should be a soft link to whatever python

  The Debian update-alternatives system provides a neat system-wide
method of handling this problem. IIRC, fink has ported
update-alternatives to OS X. Any reason not to use it ?

                                                  -arun

--
"Don't tell me I'm burning the candle at both ends -- tell me where to
get more wax!!"