[Pythonmac-SIG] Package Manager collection almost complete

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Sat May 3 12:06:07 EDT 2003

On zaterdag, mei 3, 2003, at 10:33 Europe/Amsterdam, Wolfgang Uhl wrote:

> Hello,
>
> thank you for the _tkinter package but the download is not going.
> After clicking on the "Install"-button, the message is: "Problem with
> dependency: (TclTkAqua): This package cannot be installed
> automatically (no Download-URL field)." What's going wrong ?

This is more-or-less a bug in the PackageManager GUI.

_tkinter depends on TclTkAqua, and you have to install the latter
package manually. Select TclTkAqua, go to the home page and you will
find instructions on how to install it.

But: just before 2.3b1 I made the pseudo-packages, the ones which
PackageManager cannot install itself, hidden by default. Which makes
the message rather unintellegible:-(

If you select the "show hidden" box at the top right of the window
you'll see TclTkAqua, and if you go to its home page you can install it.

Also, it turns out that my idea of "no automatic install" == "hidden"
isn't the right one. wxPython is also in the installer database (as of
10 minutes ago:-), and while it cannot be installed automatically it
should definitely not be hidden. And packages which are normally hidden
need to be shown when they are referred to in error messages for other
packages.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -