[Pythonmac-SIG] 2.3b1 installer options

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Sun, 4 May 2003 01:06:59 +0200

Kevin,
wxPython is in the package manager. For technical reasons it's a
"hidden" package right
now, and you have to install it by hand, but at least it's there.

There's a problem with it, however: after you've installed it the
Package Manager (or
the IDE, when you've used the Package Manager) will crash on quit.

This probably has something to do with IDE and the PackageManager event
loop (classic
Event Manager) and/or a fight between wxPython and
IDE/PackageManager/W/Framework
over appleevents (the crash seems to be in an AppleEvent handler).

PackMan imports wxPython to test its existence, but doesn't do anything
more with it.

Could you investigate, please?

On zaterdag, mei 3, 2003, at 10:07 Europe/Amsterdam, Kevin Ollivier
wrote:

> Hi Jack,
>
> On Friday, May 2, 2003, at 05:05 PM, Jack Jansen wrote:
>

>> On vrijdag, mei 2, 2003, at 23:22 Europe/Amsterdam, Kevin Ollivier
>> wrote:
>>> Since you said you were interested in suggestions, what about
>>> wxPython...? ;-)
>>
>> Why is it that this suggestion doesn't come as a surprise? :-)
>>
>> Ok: hold my hand, tell me what to download, how to test it, and how to
>> create the bdist-dumb and I'll give it a go.
>
> If you want to give it a quick spin, you can download and install the
> binary version at: http://www.wxpython.org/download.php#binaries. To
> test the installation, run
> /Applications/wxPythonOSX-2.4.0.7/RunDemo.app. (BTW, I just noticed -
> the new wxIntCtrl class is crashing for me on OS X, so skip that test.
> ^_^; I'll send a note about it to the wxPythonMac list.)
>
> To build from source, you can either pull the wxWindows CVS tree or
> download a source tarball from wxPython.org. CVS access instructions
> and the source tarball are located here:
>
> http://www.wxpython.org/download.php#cvsaccess
>
> Then, follow the build instructions listed here:
> http://www.wxpython.org/BUILD.osx.txt.
>
> That should get you a running wxPython installation.
>
> Please let me know if you have any more questions, or feel free to
> post them to the wxpython-mac@lists.wxwindows.org. Thanks for looking
> into this!
>
> Kevin

http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -