[Pythonmac-SIG] O'Reilly Mac OS X Conference submission deadline

Chris Barker Chris.Barker@noaa.gov
Sun May 4 15:46:08 EDT 2003

I took a look at the O-Reilly web site, and noticed this:

All session presenters whose talks are accepted will receive free
admission to the conference. For each half-day tutorial, the presenter
receives:

  One night's hotel accommodation
  Travel allowance:
  Up to $300 from the west coast
  Up to $500 from the east coast
  Up to $800 international
  Free admission to the conference, including admittance to other
tutorials

Jack, you really should go to this, and it looks like you could even
have your trip paid for. Is there any chance? If not Jack, maybe someone
else of note on this list could go. Perhpas we could all agree to help
develop a talk, so that each niche of Python development is well
covered.

By the way, you go to that site, you'll see that they are requesting
suggestions for topics. We should all send in suggestions for MacPython
stuff. Python really needs some more exposure on the Mac, and with the
2.3 release, MacPython will be a very powerful and flexible tool for all
types of development on OS-X this side of device drivers (and even then,
it would be a good tool for a test framework ;-) ). I just sent a note
in.

-Chris

-- --
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker@noaa.gov