[Pythonmac-SIG] Package Manager Error: Can't install readline

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Wed May 7 11:49:53 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, May 7, 2003, at 11:43 Europe/Amsterdam, Richard Cooper
wrote:

> Trying to install readline via the package manager on (if I remember
> correctly) 10.2.5 I see the following.
>
> I click install once. The .gz file gets downloaded into /tmp/ but no
> further
> processing occurs. I click install again and I get the following error.
>
> KeyError 'Version'

This is a bug in PackageManager. I've worked around it by adding
version numbers
to all packages.

As to the "no further processing occurs": there is little or no
feedback when installing a binary package. So, it could well be that
readline actually is installed, please try it. Please note that
readline only works in the command line interpreter, not in the IDE.

There is one little bit of feedback: where the window used to say "no"
in the installed column for readline it should now say "yes".
Goldman