[Pythonmac-SIG] NumPy

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Mon May 19 14:37:37 EDT 2003

On Monday, May 19, 2003, at 14:53 Europe/Amsterdam, kevin parks wrote:
> On a more serious note, anyone know where I can find a NumPy which
> will work with Jag's built-in Python? I want to run some scripts from
> the shell and i was hoping to get NumPy and/or SciPy happening with
> Apple's built-in Python.

Download the Numeric source distribution. It's setup.py should install
everything just fine.

> I also have Jack's Python 2.3a2 (#1, Mar  3 2003, 18:50:46) installed
> (perhaps this is out of date too). Is there a way to invoke that build
> from the shell and use that version of python to run scripts? Has
> anyone made a Numeric package that works with Jack's Python?

Switch to the 2.3b1 distribution. It includes the Package Manager, and
Numeric can be installed through the package manager with a click of
the mouse, even without having the Apple developer tools installed.
Goldman