[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Numpy Installation

kevin parks kevin@macosx.com
Mon May 19 17:47:53 EDT 2003

I just downloaded and installed NumPy 23.0 for both the Apple Built-in
2.2 and for the Python 2.3b1 application.
I just went into the shell and typed:

% sudo /usr/bin/python setup.py install

and

% sudo /usr/local/bin/pythonw setup.py install

and all seemed fine, verbose, but it didn't barf. To test i just did:

/usr/bin/python test.py
/usr/local/bin/pythonw test.py

and it was good. I even tried some of demos and they seemed to work
straight away. I am not sure what that other stuff is you are asking
about with the output folder and the veclib.framework. I just
downloaded it, ran setup.py and sh makeclean.sh and it was all plug and
chug for me.