[Pythonmac-SIG] SciPy or ScientificPython

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Tue May 20 10:33:31 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, May 20, 2003, at 02:48 Europe/Amsterdam, Lizardo H. C.M.
Nunes wrote:

> I much appreciated all the help with NumPy. It passed all tests fine
> and I think that it is working fine.
>
> Now I want to install modules for number crunching and I want to
> install SciPy. It requires ATLAS and LAPACK, which Apple provides. Any
> input from experienced who successfully built SciPy using Apple's
> veclib.framework is really welcome.

If anyone succeeds in building and installing this for 2.3b1: please
let me know. There's been quite a bit of interest in SciPy on the
mailing list, so I would like to include it in the Package Manager. But
someone will need to hold my hand and provide me with fairly detailed
instructions: I don't have the time to really dig into this.
Goldman