[Pythonmac-SIG] PackMan issues

Just van Rossum just at letterror.com
Sat Nov 1 16:46:06 EST 2003

Kevin Ollivier wrote:

> http://www.theolliviers.com/python/wxpm/

Looks nice!

> There are a few other nice features added in as well, which I list on
> the web site. BTW, it includes the wxPython extension libs, so it
> should work even if you don't have wxPython installed. (I say should
> because my I don't have a spare Mac without wxPython to test with.)

It doesn't:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/Volumes/wxPackageManager/wxPackageManager.app/Contents/Resources/
wxPackageManager.py", line 32, in ?
    from wxPython.wx import *
ImportError: No module named wxPython.wx

One thing you should try is the bundlebuilder --semi-standalone option.
Bob writes on the MacPython channel: "you have to put libwx in the
Frameworks directory". You can do that with the --lib option.

Just