[Pythonmac-SIG] PackMan issues

Kevin Ollivier kevino at tulane.edu
Sat Nov 1 17:56:06 EST 2003

Hi Just,

Thanks for your prompt reply!

On Nov 1, 2003, at 1:46 PM, Just van Rossum wrote:

> Kevin Ollivier wrote:
>
>> http://www.theolliviers.com/python/wxpm/
>
> Looks nice!
>
>> There are a few other nice features added in as well, which I list on
>> the web site. BTW, it includes the wxPython extension libs, so it
>> should work even if you don't have wxPython installed. (I say should
>> because my I don't have a spare Mac without wxPython to test with.)
>
> It doesn't:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File
> "/Volumes/wxPackageManager/wxPackageManager.app/Contents/Resources/
> wxPackageManager.py", line 32, in ?
>     from wxPython.wx import *
> ImportError: No module named wxPython.wx
>
> One thing you should try is the bundlebuilder --semi-standalone option.
> Bob writes on the MacPython channel: "you have to put libwx in the
> Frameworks directory". You can do that with the --lib option.

I tried --semi-standalone and it looks like it did the trick (it added
the wxPython files into Modules.zip and wxc.so into ExtensionModules).
Sorry, I thought just not specifying standalone did this so I didn't
double-check it!

I created a new package and uploaded it to the same place
(http://www.theolliviers.com/python/wxpm/) if anyone wants to give this
a shot. Hopefully now you can do more than just look at the screenshot!

Thanks,

Kevin