[Pythonmac-SIG] PackMan Fails to Install on Panther?

Joshua Tompkins joshua at joshuatompkins.us
Mon Nov 3 15:16:08 EST 2003

Hi, all.

I'm running Python 2.3 on a stock install of Panther (I erased the drive
and did a clean install), using Jack's second build of Python.  If it
matters, my computer is a Dual-USB iBook 600 with 384 megs of RAM.

When I run PackMan, I can install things from the official list without
any problems.  If I try to install anything from Bob's unofficial list,
though, I run into some problems.  No matter what I try to install, I
get a beach ball, then, a moment later, the interface is usable again,
but the package doesn't install.  PackMan gives a status "no module X"
message.  Is this a Panther issue, or a PackMan issue, or am I just
doing something wrong?

-joshua