[Pythonmac-SIG] PackMan issue

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue Nov 4 17:06:02 EST 2003

On Nov 4, 2003, at 4:52 PM, Jack Jansen wrote:

> On 4-nov-03, at 20:02, Dethe Elza wrote:
>> I did review a quite a number of the previous messages, but hadn't
>> gotten the importance of uninstalling.  Things are better now, I
>> think the issues I still have are with the binary libraries provided
>> by the Pygames PackMan database, which I can take up with the
>> maintainer.
>
> Where is this Pygames packman database? I think this is the first
> reference I've heard to it (or I saw it and forgot:-), and I wouldn't
> mind adding a reference to all PackMan databases with more than purely
> local significance to the packman page on www.python.org.

It's my database, Dethe was referring to the fact that it is the only
place to easily install the pygame module and its dependencies on OS X.
  There's a link to my database from the download page of pygame.org,
which is unfortunately titled "Pygame OSX PackageManager Site -
Prebuilt Pygame Packages", I'll email Pete sometime soon and ask him to
change the text.