[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython logo redux

Kevin Ollivier kevino at tulane.edu
Tue Nov 4 17:39:56 EST 2003

Hi,

IMHO the grail idea would be a cool one, especially given the OS
X-style icon treatment. (Bright gold, some jewelry and embellishment,
realistic but not photorealistic design.) I don't think it needs to be
cute, instead it should look perfect and maybe a *little* ornate, like
the Grail would. This at least does emphasize another aspect I like
about Python - the quest for the perfect programming language/CP4E. And
yes, we get the Monty Python reference too! In that sense, the icon is
almost ideal, except that it loses the snake reference on other
platforms. (Though with a cool icon I think the other platforms may
even switch...)

Kevin