[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython logo redux

Craig Amundsen amundsen463 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 5 12:05:22 EST 2003

Hi -

Just to toss in some un-needed (Monty) Python trivia. The 16 ton weight is most likely a reference to the Self Defense skit wherein the instructor has the students attack him with pieces of fruit. He then defends himself by having a tiger kill the student, dropping a 16 ton weight on the student, etc.

- Craig

PS - I vote for a somewhat more cartoony snake.

Drew McCormack <drewmccormack at mac.com> wrote:

The one symbol I have always associated with monty python is that
massive cartoon foot that squashes everything. I can't believe that is
not used by anyone. To be honest, I don't even know where the 16 ton
weight comes from. I'm no monty python expert, just a normal joe, but I
thought I would know the most well-known stuff, and the weight doesn't
ring any bells.