[Pythonmac-SIG] Newbie New Install - why are PIL & img modules ignored?

AdvertisingDept Layne.Bilyeu at robbstucky.net
Wed Nov 5 15:48:07 EST 2003

I just downloaded MacPython23full.bin
and installed MacPython-OS9 2.3
on my virgin OS9 macintosh.

I did an 'easy install', which said that it installed PIL 1.1.3

The first thing I did was to start the Interpreter and typed

>>import Image

ImportError: No module named Image

>>import img

ImportError: No module named img

Using Mac's SherlockFind I can see the PIL library folder.
It is inside the MacPython Home hierarchy.
So why doesn't Python recognize it as being available?

PS
I did run the automatic tests and they passed (except for socket and
logging and the 42 that macpython said should fail on a mac)