[Pythonmac-SIG] new user with round-a-bout questions

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Sat Nov 8 18:55:28 EST 2003

On 8-nov-03, at 3:13, Byron Amerson wrote:

> oh.
>
> Wow, my system is really broke?  Things seem to work fine otherwise.
> wow.
> should I just update or do a complete reinstall? OK I'll reinstall.
> Live
> and learn.  Thank You Bob.

It's broken, but not all *that* broken: Python is used somewhere in the
PDF
workflow, but no-one has yet been able to tell me where, and how I could
see it.

But there are other parts of /System that will cause things to break
much more spectacularly. As you're going to reinstall anyway you might
want to experiment with removing /System/Library/Frameworks altogether,
I would be surprised if that wasn't spectacular:-)

(Note: I am not serious! I am not serious! I am not serious! Please do
not remove anything from /System, even if you intend to reinstall
shortly,
unless you do not value the data on your drive at all).
Goldman