[Pythonmac-SIG] PyQt 3.8.1 on MacOS X 10.1 hobbles

Markus Biermaier mbier at office-m.at
Sun Nov 9 06:31:28 EST 2003

Hello,

My Application ("ImageBrowser") was developed with focus FOR the Sharp
Zaurus and works fine.
It was compiled ON a Linux-PC and hence works also on Linux.

The third platform (my main platform) I'm working on is MacOS.
I've got it running on MacOS 10.1 and have a strange phenomen:

------------------------------ [ BEGIN
Python-RuntimeError ] ------------------------------
markus at macosbw:~/Packs/PyQt-mac-gpl-snapshot-20031027/examples3 >
aclock.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./aclock.py", line 4, in ?
     from qt import *
RuntimeError: Attempt to create a Python instance for a NULL pointer
------------------------------ [ END
Python-RuntimeError ] ------------------------------

If I do "import qtui" before the "from qt import *" qt imports OK.
So my fix for all PyQt files looks like this and works:

------------------------------ [ BEGIN Head of
'aclock.py' ] ------------------------------
#!/usr/bin/env python

import sys
import qtui
from qt import *

def QMIN(x, y):
   if y > x: return y
   return x
------------------------------ [ END   Head of
'aclock.py' ] ------------------------------

Of course I launch the application from the shell via "open *.py". This
works fine.

My configuration:
OS:   MacOS X 10.1.5
QT:   qt-mac-free-3.2.2
PyQt: PyQt-mac-gpl-snapshot-20031027
Sip:  sip-mac-gpl-4.0pre3

Any ideas? Perhaps someone knows this behavio(u)r....

Thanks in advance

Markus

BTW:
ImageBrowser is ready for download:

	http://www.office-m.at/pc-pages/image_browser

M. Biermaier                                      mbier AT office-m.at
Wiesengasse 15
3011  Untertullnerbach
Austria / Europe                      Web Site: http://www.office-m.at