[Pythonmac-SIG] Python Editor for Mac

Etienne Posthumus etienne at cs.vu.nl
Tue Nov 11 03:58:38 EST 2003

On dinsdag, nov 11, 2003, at 09:01 Europe/Amsterdam, Drew McCormack
wrote:
> Is anyone using Xcode? I use it for Cocoa dev, so I wouldn't mind also
> being able to use it for python, but it would need to be able to:
> 1) Run my python scripts

I've been using SubEthaEdit for almost all of my Python coding
nowadays. For quick-fixing on the command line I use cmdline VIM. But
on the Mac, the Carbon VIM just doesn't 'feel' right, and the cmdline
version doesn't play nice with the mouse and clipboard. As for
ProjectBuilder/XCode it has always been too much of a good thing for me
as far as editing goes.

A lot of people on this thread have expressed the desire to run scripts
'from the editor', I am just curious, why? One keystroke as opposed to
two/three in the Terminal?

---------
Etienne Posthumus, IIDS Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
http://www.cs.vu.nl/~etienne/