[Pythonmac-SIG] How do I set type and creator?

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue Nov 18 19:32:53 EST 2003

Hi folks,

I need to set the type and creator for a file I just created. I used to
be abel to do this with:

import macfs
mac_file = macfs.FSSpec(MyfilePath)
mac_file.SetCreatorType('COSM','.SAV')

Now it looks like I want to use the Carbon.File module, but I'm getting
lost in the details:

File.FSMakeFSSpec() requires a volume reference number and directory
ID...I have no idea where to get those. I'm a bit lost in the Inside
Macintosh references. There has to be an easy way to do this!!

thanks,  Chris

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov