[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython representation at PyConDC 2004?

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue Oct 7 14:45:22 EDT 2003

PyCon DC 2004 is coming up next March (
http://www.python.org/pycon/dc2004/ ).  Is anyone planning on giving
any Mac-specific talks?  I'd like to do one, but I haven't picked a
topic yet and don't want to write a proposal for a talk that someone
else is already planning to do :)

Some of the potential topics I'm thinking of:
	* Package Manager (assuming we have the PEP written, perhaps we could
arrange a sprint to work on it)
	* PyObjC (With a focus on application development in Cocoa)
	* Quicktime (Contingent on the QuickTime wrapper being fixed up a bit)
	* Apple Events
	* Porting software to OS X (Where did Apple think different, how to
plan for it, what you can take advantage of, SystemStarter, etc.)
	* General Overview (run through which modules works which don't on OS
X, emphasis on modules available only on OS X)
	* CoreAudio and Python (assuming someone gets around to writing
wrappers and such, it would be fun to play with!)

Who else here is thinking about going?