[Pythonmac-SIG] Python crash!

Just van Rossum just at letterror.com
Thu Oct 16 14:40:39 EDT 2003

Bob Ippolito wrote:

> The reason it's particularly problematic is that it doesn't really
> handle the signals when they happen, it puts the signal handler next
> in the bytecode queue.  I've had problems with it as well, when I was
> in C code when it happened. This is probably what happened with you
> in the IDE.  Chances are, if you're not using a C runloop (IDE or
> whatever) then you'll be OK.. but it may not be worth it.

When running with Python.framework, Python IDE will actually start a
thread that listens to cmd-. events, and posts a SIGINT signal, which
normally gets converted to a KeyboardInterrupt in the main thread. That
normally seems to work just fine, but I have no idea what happens if you
define your own signal handler for SIGINT.

Just