[Pythonmac-SIG] ANN: Preview of SystemConfiguration wrapper

Ronald Oussoren oussoren at cistron.nl
Sun Oct 19 08:57:19 EDT 2003

On 19 okt 2003, at 9:51, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> http://undefined.org/python/SystemConfiguration-0.1.tar.gz
>
> This is a source distribution, it requires PyObjC and Developer Tools.
>  The wrapper itself is (entirely) an ObjC framework, but it includes
> everything necessary for Python wrapping.  I haven't done any
> documentation, real tests, especially testing of the runloop
> integration.. but here it is if someone wants to play with it.  The
> ObjC is a little sloppy (three classes in one file), and the setup.py
> is a lot sloppy (thanks to distutils being not easily extensible), but
> it works.. or at least it should.

I haven't looked at your code yet, but wouldn't it be better to
generate the wrapper using bgen?  That would make the wrapper easier to
maintain and easier to integrate into MacPython/the python core.

The CodeGenerator scripts in PyObjC could also be coaxed into
generating a functioning wrapper That is, without significant changes
to the scripts. The prototypes are different enough to require changes
to the "parser".

Ronald