[Pythonmac-SIG] PackMan issues

W.T. Bridgman wtbridgman at radix.net
Thu Oct 30 19:30:33 EST 2003

Tom,

I second this.  I'm in a similar situation with fast connections at
work and a slow one at home.

I've tried PM a few times after it's initial release.  One complaint is
that it doesn't report the size of the package so you can tell if it's
practical to update over a slow connection.  I think I waited quite a
while for the documentation package to install.

I often retrieve the disk images & tarballs at work for building at
home from sources.  Also, I have root privileges on my home systems but
only sudo limited access at work.

Tom