[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: [Image-SIG] PIL 1.1.4 breaks Python 2.3 on Mac OS X 10.3 Panther

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Thu Oct 30 21:57:46 EST 2003

On Oct 30, 2003, at 9:46 PM, Bill Janssen wrote:

> I'm glad to hear it can be compiled, but *I* still can't do it.  I've
> re-built Python from scratch in a different directory and re-installed
> PIL, with the same results.  I'm building with the new gcc 3.3 from
> Xcode.
>
> PYTHONPATH is empty.  Here's a script, you tell me what I'm doing
> wrong.

Do you have any kind of non default settings?  UFS, NFS, etc. homedir?

Have you tried turning off Fink?

Is there an _imaging.so anywhere on your computer?

Are you using OS X 10.3/Xcode 7B85?

Can you compile/run other modules?

What's wrong with the PIL that's in Jack's PackageManager, or mine?
Both of them should work, though you may have to move them to the right
place post-install.