[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: [Image-SIG] PIL 1.1.4 breaks Python 2.3 on Mac OS X 10.3 Panther

Alexandre Parenteau aparente at adobe.com
Fri Oct 31 12:44:01 EST 2003

> Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)
> Abort

Sorry if I jump in a discussion I didn;t really follow, but I just wanted to
say that I have this problem quite often when somehow I mix the
/Library/Frameworks/Python with the /System/Library/Frameworks/Python on
Panther (10.3).

On Panther, Python comes installed as a Framework. So it is especially
important for python modules to be compiled with the same framework it is
going to be used against.

You can try a 'otool -l module.so', it will tell you which frameworks was
used.

Alex.