[Pythonmac-SIG] unixy python and applescript

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue Sep 2 19:09:11 EDT 2003

On Thursday, Aug 28, 2003, at 14:24 America/New_York, Russell Finn
wrote:

> On Wednesday, August 27, 2003, at 06:41  PM, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>> I'll probably get around to compiling Numpy+ATLAS, Scipy, etc. for
>> MacPython sometime.  I'd have done it by now, but the damn thing
>> needs a Fortran compiler and I haven't come across one that's
>> reasonably easy to install/use with the gcc 3.3 toolchain.  If you
>> find one, let me know, and I'll see about doing it.
>
> Just the thing you need, courtesy of IBM:
> <http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/download/
> search.jsp?go=y&rs=vacpp3>
>
> Disclaimer: It's technically beta, and I haven't actually used it.
> But it's supposed to work with (nay, requires) gcc 3.3.

Just FYI, the IBM compiler seems to install and compile trivial
software (PRINT *, "Hello World!") correctly on my pbg4 1ghz even
though it lists a PowerMac G5 as a requirement.  I'll let you all know
how Numpy+ATLAS and SciPy go when I get the chance to try those out.