[Pythonmac-SIG] Additional binary packages for Python2.3 on 10.2.6

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Thu Sep 4 18:42:24 EDT 2003

I don't know how Numeric aligns its data structures, but if it's at the
top of something allocated with malloc it will be 128bit aligned (this
is documented behavior for OS X).  I tried compiling ATLAS a few times
(with xlf90 and g77 from the high performance computing page) to no
avail, and the only precompiled ATLAS I could find was messed up (I
ended up having to link to vecLib anyways to get all of the symbols
SciPy wanted).  If you can provide me with a statically linked version
of ATLAS, LAPACK, BLAS, etc. then I will compile SciPy and Numeric with
it.. but until then, I pretty much give up.  ATLAS doesn't like
something about how I'm setup.

-bob