[Pythonmac-SIG] Additional binary packages for Python2.3 on 10.2.6

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Wed Sep 3 03:35:42 EDT 2003

I've done another update to my Package Manager repository, which is at:
	http://undefined.org/python/pimp/darwin-6.6-Power_Macintosh.plist

The current package list, new or updated packages are marked with an
asterisk:
	sdl_pygame_deps-1.2.5-binary (dependencies for pygame, SDL, smpeg,
etc.)
	aeve-0.0.2-binary (my pythonic AppleEvent package, you should wait for
0.0.3 though)
	mxBase-2.0.4-binary
	PIL-1.1.4-binary (should have freetype2, libjpeg, libtiff statically)
	pyOpenSSL-0.5.1-binary
	ctypes-0.6.2-binary
	pycrypto-1.9a6-binary
	*Twisted-1.0.7rc1-binary (includes my experiemental CoreFoundation
reactor and support library)
	*Numeric-23.1-binary (compiled against Apple's vecLib, probably will
only work on G4/G5)
	PyOpenGL-2.1.05-binary (includes andrew's patch)
	pygame-1.5.6-binary (has some patches by me)
	Pyro-3.3beta-binary
	numarray-0.6.1-binary
	ZODB3-3.2b2-binary
	PythonCardPrototype-0.7.1-binary
	pycurl-7.10.5-binary  (linked static to newest libcurl, OS X 10.2.6
libcurl is too old)
	PyChecker-0.8.12-binary
	pygsear-0.47.1-binary
	*MySQL-python-0.9.2-binary (linked statically to MySQL client
libraries)
	*pyPgSQL-2.4-binary (linked statically to PgSQL client libraries)
	*Pyrex-0.8.2-binary (small fix to Nodes.py that allows import from
system header files)
	*LaunchServices-0.1-binary (my pythonic wrapper for Apple's Launch
Services)
	*PyXML-0.8.3-binary
	*metakit-2.4.9.2-binary (linked statically to metakit)
	*Lupy-0.1.5.4
	*Pyndex-0.3.2a-binary
	*Reverend-0.2.3-binary
	*Quotient-0.5-binary

I still haven't gotten around to making any "Extras" packages for
anything.

I've managed to hobble together a copy of SciPy but it doesn't pass all
the tests.  I think this is something to do with the ATLAS I used (I
used one that someone else compiled, and it didn't have all the symbols
so I also linked in Apple's vecLib... so it's an ugly monster).

I plan on making a copy of bsddb3 that (maybe?) includes a static copy
of bsddb, since Jack didn't include it with MacPython.  Otherwise I'll
probably make a "deps" package that installs the beast.

I took a look at piddle's QD renderer.. A couple quick hacks can get
rid of all the warnings, but the fact that you have to run a
Wapplication mainloop and the QDRotate module's source has been lost
makes me think that someone should just write a new/better one on top
of CoreGraphics and/or Cocoa.

This is my current relatively-interested-in-hacking-or-packaging list
in no particular order:
	aeve (finish 0.0.3)
	bsddb3
	SciPy
	piddle (well, a good backend for OS X)
	python-ldap
	pyogg
	pyvorbis
	chaco (does this have a good OS X backend yet?)
	VTK
	Soya 3D

If anyone has any requests for modules that aren't yet covered by
myself or Jack, let me know and I'll look into it.  When we get a wiki
this will be much easer to keep track of.