[Pythonmac-SIG] Creating an applet that includes wxPython

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Sun Sep 7 22:50:24 EDT 2003

In stead of modifying the references to the wx libraries, as Bob
suggested, I think it should be possible to setup DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
in the bundle bootstrap script, and simply copy the libraries into
the bundle somewhere (I think I would put them in Frameworks in stead
of in Resources, but that's a minor detail).

Hmm, looking at the source for the bootstrap script I see it already
sets both DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH and DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH to point to the
Frameworks directory! And there's a --lib option that puts things in
there!

So, Nathan, could you try adding the options "--lib
/usr/local/lib/libwx_macd-2.4.0.dylib  --lib
/usr/local/lib/libwx_macd_gl-2.4.0.dylib" to your bundlebuilder command
line, and see whether the resulting bundle works on a system where wx
isn't pre-installed?

If it doesn't work (and you want us to help debugging it, and trying to
get it to work): run your applet from the command line, with
DYLD_PRINT_LIBRARIES
set to 1, and show us the output.
Goldman