[Pythonmac-SIG] Creating an applet that includes wxPython

Just van Rossum just at letterror.com
Sun Sep 7 23:48:50 EDT 2003

Bob Ippolito wrote:

> > 3rd party packages. How deep is potool's dependence on ctypes?
>
> Very shallow, it just uses the Structure class for convenience.  I'll
> write a metaclass that does what ctypes Structure module does (as far
> as I'm using it, at least) and post a new version today.

Cool. Now if you could turn it into a one-file module, I'm sure Jack
won't mind checking it into plat-mac... But let's plan this out a bit
more before we waste too much time.

Does potools support otool -L type stuff? It would be really useful if
we could do some automatic dependency checking.

Another problem with bundlebuilder is that it needs the dev tools
installed for --strip to work, which is kindof neccesary to produce
bundles of an acceptable size. Have you any idea whether a pure Python
version of strip would be feasable? Alternatively, we could perhaps ship
the strip executable somehow, if the license would allow that. An IDE
could just include it for example.

Just