[Pythonmac-SIG] fink python...

Israel C. Evans israel at sandlotgames.com
Mon Sep 8 08:34:14 EDT 2003

greetings all,

I've just installed Fink in an attempt to get gnumeric and gnucash
running on my machine and doing so has hosed my regular  python and
shell's setenv stuff.

Now when I type python on the commandline, I'm sent to the fink python
which I really don't want. And now that I'm trying to set up
mod_python, I'm getting all sorts of errors.  I can direct the
/.configure for mod_python to use the 2.3 python in /usr/local/bin, but
at the end of make or make install, it seems that make is trying to do
work with what's in /sw.

Can anybody here clue me in on how to tame fink and make it a good
citizen on my computer?  I've been trying to mess with setenv and place
the /sw* paths at the end of my PATH, but that only worked for as long
as the shell was on... after restarting the shell, the PATH was reset.
I've looked for /sw* stuff in .tcshrc, .login, .cshrc but can't find
any and so I'm confused as to how fink inserts those paths into the
PATH variable.

If anyone could help with this I would be most grateful,

Thanks.

~Israel~