[Pythonmac-SIG] ANN: RegexPlor 0.6 available!

Pascal Oberndoerfer p.oberndoerfer at urheberrecht.org
Wed Sep 10 10:00:47 EDT 2003

Dinu Gherman at gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de:

> Pascal Oberndoerfer:
>
>> Hi Dinu,
>>
>> I don't think this will work on MacOS X up to 10.1.5 as you are using a
>> shell script inside your .app bundle (at least it doesn't work for me).
>
> Which one is that? I can't see any.

If I look at 'RegexPlor.app/Contents/MacOS/RegexPlor' within a text editor
it starts with '#!/bin/sh'. (But I am on 10.1.5, if this could make any
difference?)

>> Trying to start RegexPlor from Terminal gives me an error message:
>>
>>> [powerbook:RegexPlor.app/Contents/MacOS] pob% ./RegexPlor
>>> dyld: ./python can't open library: /sw/lib/libdl.0.dylib  (No such
>>> file or
>>> directory, errno = 2)
>>> [powerbook:RegexPlor.app/Contents/MacOS] pob%
>
> This is what I get when trying what you did:
>
>  [localhost:RegexPlor.app/Contents/MacOS] dinu% ./RegexPlor
>  ./python: can't open file './Resources/__main__.py'
>
> Why are you trying to open an application that way?

Because this used to be a way to start the PythonIDE on 10.1.x despite the
Applet/shell script problem mentioned by Jack.

> One of the
> following works just fine for me:
>
>  [localhost:Cocoa/RegexPlor/RegexPlor.app] dinu% open .
>  [localhost:Cocoa/RegexPlor] dinu% open RegexPlor.app
>
> Or are you saying you're missing some system library on 10.1.5
> which is somehow needed and available, later?

Yes, I don't have a directory /sw or /sw/lib. And this reminded me of Fink.

Pascal

--
Pascal Oberndoerfer            Institut fuer Urheber- und Medienrecht
Wiss. Mitarbeiter                                     Salvatorplatz 1

Tel. +49 89 291954-70                     mailto:pob at urheberrecht.org
Fax: +49 89 291954-80                     http://www.urheberrecht.org