[Pythonmac-SIG] mysql-python module

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Fri Sep 12 13:05:22 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, Sep 10, 2003, at 14:48 America/New_York, alex wrote:

> Hello, I am very new to Python. I needed to use the mysql-python
> module to work with mysql. After much hair pulling I was able to
> compile it under OS X 10.2.6 (Jaguar) and import it via the python 2.2
> cli. But I cannot seem to import it into MacPython, even with the
> Package Manager.
>
> Has anyone done this successfully? If so, could you provide any
> pointers?

The Python 2.2 cli and MacPython 2.3 have entirely separate modules.
My unofficial Package Manager repository has mysql-python for MacPython
2.3: http://undefined.org/python/pimp/darwin-6.6-Power_Macintosh.html
(Please read the instructions at the top of the page).

The alternative is to compile mysql-python yourself with the MacPython
2.3 interpreter (can be started as /usr/local/bin/python).  If you
change your PATH environment variable to include /usr/local/bin then
MacPython 2.3 will override the included Python 2.2 for just about
everything.