[Pythonmac-SIG] testing HTML with Python

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue Sep 16 08:43:56 EDT 2003

Proboscis Admin <admin at proboscis.org.uk> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Ive got a tool that I have developed with python on iMac where the
> user inputs text into an HTML page & my Python program(also containing
> the CGI) executes it to produce a certain layout in association with
> reportlab.
>
> I need to test it. is there a way I could do that locally on my iMac
> OS X?without up loading it to a server?

I'm a little confused (admittedly, I didn't think about it very hard
:-), but you know that OS X comes with Apache, right?  Investigate
"Personal Web Sharing" in the "Sharing" panel of System Preferences
and point your browser at 127.0.0.1.

> I do have windows as well if it is better to do it that way.

*chortle*

Cheers,
mwh

--
  ZAPHOD:  Listen three eyes, don't try to outwierd me, I get stranger
           things than you free with my breakfast cereal.