[Pythonmac-SIG] bundlebuilder --standalone not working

Bob Swerdlow rswerdlow at transpose.com
Mon Sep 22 10:54:57 EDT 2003

I finally got around to replacing the old xml with _xmlplus, renaming it to
"xml" and sure enough, these problems went away.  Thanks for your help with
that!

Now, I find that when I start my application, I get these messages on the
console (they actually appear three times):

    RuntimeError: Bad magic number in .pyc file

The build command is:

    python
buildapp.py -v --standalone --strip --package=encodings --package=_strptime
--page=urllib2 build

I tried adding "--package=site", but that did not help and in fact, the
output from this command did not list the "site" module as being included.
When I look in the /Content/Resources directory, there IS a site.pyc file
and when I run "python site.pyc" I get no "magic number" error.

What do I need to do to correct this?

Thanks,
Bob