[Pythonmac-SIG] Authenticity for Package Manager

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Thu Sep 25 20:14:18 EDT 2003

So now that I've got pythonmac.org, with a browser-acceptable SSL
certificate, I think we definitely ought to add verification support to
Package Manager.  This way the user could say "always trust this SSL
certificate" (with maybe built-in support for trusting mine ;) and then
we'd have one security issue nailed (dns hijacking or other man in the
middle attacks), at least to the point that industry standard SSL is
concerned.

Can standard MacPython do this on its own, or would this functionality
require the PyOpenSSL module?

Thoughts?