[Pythonmac-SIG] WebKit, SVG

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Mon Sep 29 03:57:25 EDT 2003

Hi,

recently I played a bit with Konfabulator, some kind of a "widget
framework" for OS X, which looks very nice at the beginning. But
after a while it seemed to me that despite the very good idea, its
implementation is kind of using the wrong technology. They try to
make it very simple to define widgets by specifying them in XML
and adding behaviour in Javascript code. This is done in some very
strange way, though, like putting the Javascript code insinde XML
comments, which is the recommended way of doing it!

Well, I think SVG and Python would be the better combination, so
I wonder if Apple's WebKit is any good in making use of Adobe's
SVG renderer plug-in, somehow? Of course, then we'd still need
some bridge to Python, but you need to start somewhere...

Dinu

PS: www.konfabulator.com

--
Dinu C. Gherman
"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents