[Pythonmac-SIG] Stranger in a Strange Land

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Mon Apr 5 15:02:23 EDT 2004

On Apr 5, 2004, at 2:36 PM, Jason Van Anden wrote:

> On Apr 5, 2004, at 11:30 AM, Bob Ippolito wrote:

>>> You'll need to install the Tkinter module. I installed _tkinter via
>>> the Python Package Manager (you may need to install the MacPython
>>> addons to get this on Mac OS X 10.3) and the TkAqua installation
>>> from <http://www.maths.mq.edu.au/~steffen/tcltk/TclTkAqua/>.
>>
>> But you need to do that in the opposite order..  _tkinter won't
>> install unless you already have TclTkAqua.
>> The MacPython addons for Panther package is at:
>> http://homepages.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython/index.html>
>> A good place to look for more information is:
>> http://pythonmac.org/wiki/FAQ
>>
> Thanks for the advice -- after doing so tho, I am still getting the
> same error message.

That error very specifically means that Tkinter is not completely
installed, no more no less.  You will not get that error if you
followed the directions exactly:
	(a) install TclTkAqua
	(b) install the MacPython Addons for Panther
	(c) install the Tkinter package from the PackageManager application
that came with the MacPython Addons
	(d) running your python script(s) with the correct interpreter,
/usr/bin/pythonw