[Pythonmac-SIG] Stranger in a Strange Land

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Mon Apr 5 22:22:01 EDT 2004

On Apr 5, 2004, at 9:53 PM, Jason Van Anden wrote:

> On Apr 5, 2004, at 3:02 PM, Bob Ippolito wrote:

>>> Thanks for the advice -- after doing so tho, I am still getting the
>>> same error message.
>>
>> That error very specifically means that Tkinter is not completely
>> installed, no more no less.  You will not get that error if you
>> followed the directions exactly:
>> 	(a) install TclTkAqua
>> 	(b) install the MacPython Addons for Panther
>> 	(c) install the Tkinter package from the PackageManager application
>> that came with the MacPython Addons
>> 	(d) running your python script(s) with the correct interpreter,
>> /usr/bin/pythonw
>>
> Thank you for all of the help.  I will not get a chance to try this
> until tomorrow.  Do I need to remove what I have done up to this point
> before following following these directions?

If you have installed a Jaguar Python at some point (telltale sign will
be the path /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework), then you should
remove it.  Instructions to do so are linked from the FAQ.  If this is
the case, you should also re-install the MacPython Addons for Panther,
to be certain that /Applications/MacPython-2.3 contains the application
stubs that point to the vendor provided python interpreter.

Other than that, I can't think of anything that would really get in
your way.  Unless you've done bad things that you've yet to tell us
about, of course :)