[Pythonmac-SIG] ctb module in MacPython 2.2.3 or 2.3.3

David Willcox dwillcox at prairienet.org
Mon Apr 5 23:13:23 EDT 2004

Please suffer a question from a semi-novice...

I've been using Python off and on for a while for some very simple
things, but recently I had occasion to do something that requires
access to the Mac serial port.  The MacPython documentation refers to
a ctb module, but I can't find it anywhere in either MacPython 2.2.3
or 2.3.3.  I'm running OS 9.1 (that's as far as this dinosaur will
go), so I don't have an option of a newer MacPython.

I found an article from Apr 01 from someone who couldn't find this
module in 2.1b2, but couldn't find anything that said the issue had
been resolved.  Or anything about more recent versions.

Am I out of luck, or am I missing something really obvious?

Should I be using the classic instead of Carbon version?

Thanks,
David Willcox