[Pythonmac-SIG] Apple Python using Fink Python's path?

Nicholas Riley njriley at uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 7 01:15:46 EDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 09:20:26PM -0700, Brian Lenihan wrote:
> OS X does not include the full path in argv[0].   I use a script to
> rename /sw/bin/python* when I don't want Fink's Python to interfere
> (and to move everything back when I need Fink Python).

Aha, I see a workaround for this bug here:

<http://www.opendarwin.org/pipermail/cvs-darwinports-all/2004-February/023306.html>

> I can send it to you if you'd like.

Since it's pretty difficult for me to rebuild Apple's Python, that'd
be great.  Thanks.

Is this documented anywhere (other than the above patch?)  It seems
like a good thing to add to the FAQ on pythonmac.org... (even if it's
not so frequently asked yet :)

--
=Nicholas Riley <njriley at uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>