[Pythonmac-SIG] What is Your Favorite Text Editor?

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at fonnesbeck.org
Sun Apr 11 13:45:07 EDT 2004

On Apr 11, 2004, at 12:00 PM, pythonmac-sig-request at python.org wrote:

> From: Jim Tittsler <jwt at qth.ath.cx>
> Date: April 10, 2004 10:51:09 PM EDT
> To: pythonmac-sig at python.org
> Subject: Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] What is Your Favorite Text Editor?
>

> On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 06:13:25PM -0400, Jason Van Anden wrote:
>> Besides GVIM, and suggestions?
>
> SubEthaEdit also does a good job of syntax highlighting
> Python... and is great if you are trying to collaborate with
> someone across the room or across the 'net since you can both
> edit a live version of the same file.  (Another one of those
> things that may not sound useful at first encounter, but which
> can be surprisingly effective in the right circumstances.)
> Freeware.
>
>   http://www.codingmonkeys.de/subethaedit/

SubEthaEdit hasnt been updated in a long, long time. I'm wondering if
development has ceased.

I favour vim for python coding, myself. The folding feature alone makes
it invaluable, and it has the best diff highlighting that I've seen. If
pdb wasnt broken on emacs, I would consider it, but until then vim is
my python editor of choice.

C.
--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck ( c h r i s @ f o n n e s b e c k . o r g )
Georgia Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, University of Georgia

"Make the pie higher!" -- George W. Bush
--
Putting http://wecanstopspam.org in your email helps it pass through
overzealous spam filters.