[Pythonmac-SIG] What is Your Favorite Text Editor?

Paul Berkowitz berkowit at silcom.com
Sun Apr 11 16:21:52 EDT 2004

On 4/11/04 1:13 PM, "Christopher Fonnesbeck" <chris at fonnesbeck.org> wrote:

>>> SubEthaEdit hasnt been updated in a long, long time. I'm wondering if
>>> development has ceased.
>>
>> [OT] Version 1.1.5 was released last november. I know the motto
>> "release
>> early, release often", but to call 5 months a "long, long time" is
>> ridiculous.
>>
>> Just
>
> Well, if you actually look at the release history, 5 versions were
> released between july and november, then nothing since. So, relatively
> speaking, zero releases in 4 months *is* a long time, if not a long,
> long time.

It's not unusual for several version updates of a product to appear to fix
bugs and sometimes to implement initial user feature requests (and then fix
their bugs). If there are no more bugs being reported, there will be no more
minor updates. That would tend to indicate a product that's pretty solid,
not one that should be shunned. In the case of freeware it may also indicate
that the developer is not interested in adding more features, at least for
now, but if it works well, who cares?

--
Paul Berkowitz