[Pythonmac-SIG] QT-file-drag doesn't work with Finder

Markus Biermaier mbier at office-m.at
Mon Apr 12 04:34:05 EDT 2004

Hello,

I'm working on a Python-script that is based on the "dirview"-example.
My problem is, that dragging files from the view to "konqueror" works
on Linux, but it doesn't work, if the target is the "Finder" of MacOS X.

I use MacOS 10.1.5 (I know, not Panther but all other things work fine).

My question:
Could someone check the "dirview1"-example script and tell me
if it is true, that it
- works with Linux / konqueror
- fails with MacOS X / Finder
The check should be:
	Drag a file from the view to a folder in konqueror.
	Drag a file from the view to a folder in Finder.

As the original "dirview"-script has some bugs Phil Thompson (PyQt)
provided me a better version. Please use the new version "dirview1"
which you can find under the following link:

	http://www.office-m.at/downloads/python/dirview1.py

Please put your result to the list.

Many thanks

Markus

M. Biermaier
Wiesengasse 15
3011  Untertullnerbach                    E-Mail: mbier AT office-m.at
Austria / Europe                      Web Site: http://www.office-m.at